Craftsman Ranch Remodel in South Scottsdale, AZ
Craftsman Ranch Remodel
This craftsman ranch remodel in South Scottsdale, AZ started as a 1950’s ranch with sun-faded and damaged vinyl siding. The old doors & windows were also in terrible shape.
The layout and small rooms weren’t working for the owners. They wanted to improve the living space by combining two bedrooms into one.
The homeowner knew exactly what home improvement & repairs they wanted for their craftsman ranch remodel.
This transformation completed in August 2018 breathed new life into the neighborhood.
The homeowners were amazed at the transformation and very please with the work we did for them. Scroll down to learn about the exterior & interior renovations that were done.
Exterior Siding, Window & Door Installation
Exterior Home Renovations
The home’s exterior had old, faded vinyl siding that was falling off in many areas.
The homeowners wanted to upgrade the look of the house with faux stone and wood siding to give it a craftsman ranch look—and a major boost to the curb appeal of the home .
While removing the siding we discovered that there was no insulation in the walls!
The fiber board sheathing was also poorly installed and damaged in some areas. This presented a “golden opportunity” to insulate the walls to improve the comfort and efficiency of the home.
The exterior scope of work for this craftsman ranch remodel included:
- Faux stone siding on the front of the house below the windows
- T1-11 “LP SmartSide” siding
- Clapboard siding in the gable triangles
- Exterior trim at corners & windows
- New fascia and rake trim at the roof line
- Window & exterior door replacement
- Window and door flashing for water resistance
- Insulate the walls with “Roxul” R15 mineral wool batts
- Install new OSB sheathing and “Tyvek” weather barrier
- 2-color exterior painting scheme
- New window shutters
Project Team: details & links
South Scottsdale, AZ
Exterior siding, trim, windows & doors
Interior remodel & structural beam
Trevor Pan- Architect
Interior & Exterior Design
Homeowner, Project Construction LLC
Exterior Siding Installation: Before & After Video
Interior Home Remodeling
The interior of this Scottsdale ranch home had been updated somewhat throughout the years.
The homeowners wanted to selectively remodel the interior and combine two bedrooms to create a larger master bedroom & closet.
The interior remodeling project included:
- Remove wall between bedrooms & install a structural beam
- Build his & hers closet in the master bedroom
- Convert bedroom window to exterior door in master bedroom
- Lower the kitchen cabinets to standard height
- Upgrade electrical, fans and lighting
- Pergo laminate flooring in guest and master bedroom
- Install new baseboard trim
- New window & door casing
- Interior painting
He is remodeling my home and I am so impressed with his work.
I highly recommend him for your projects. He is amazing!
Went through every step with us. Gave us the whole story and were able make the house as we wanted. Nothing we did not need.
I highly recommend Robert and his company.