Craftsman ranch remodel in South Scottsdale, AZ
The craftsman ranch remodel in South Scottsdale, AZ started as a 1950’s ranch with failing vinyl siding and old, dysfunctional doors & windows. The layout and small rooms weren’t working for the owners. Some home improvement & repairs were in order.
Exterior siding & window installation
The home’s exterior had old, faded vinyl siding that was falling off in many areas. The Keys wanted to upgrade the look of the house with faux stone and wood siding to give it a craftsman ranch look—and a major boost to the curb appeal of the home .
While striping the exterior siding off of the house we discovered that there was no insulation in the walls at all. The fiber board sheathing was also poorly installed and damaged in some areas. This presented a “golden opportunity” to insulate the walls to improve the comfort and efficiency of the home.
The exterior scope of work for this craftsman ranch remodel included:
- faux stone siding on the front of the house below the windows
- T1-11 “LP SmartSide” siding on the main walls
- clapboard siding above the T1-11 in the gable triangles
- exterior trim at corners & windows
- new fascia and rake trim at the roof line
- window replacement & exterior door replacement
- window and door flashing for water resistance
- Insulate the walls with “Roxul” R15 mineral wool batts
- install new OSB sheathing and “Tyvek” weather barrier
- 2-color exterior painting scheme
- new window shutters
Project team details & links
South Scottsdale, AZ
- project types
exterior siding & trim
window & door replacement
- architectural drawings
Trevor Pan- Architect
- interior & exterior design
Project Construction LLC
- faux stone
"GenStone" faux stone
T1-11 LP "smartside" siding
cement board clapboards
Pergo laminate flooring
- insulation & energy efficiency
"Roxul" R-15 mineral wool batt wall insulation
The interior of this Scottsdale ranch home had been updated somewhat throughout the years.
The homeowners wanted to selectively remodel the interior and combine two bedrooms to create a larger master bedroom & closet. The interior remodeling project included:
- remove wall between bedrooms & install a structural beam
- build his & hers closet in master bedroom
- convert bedroom window to exterior door in master bedroom
- upgrade electrical, fans and lighting
- install Pergo laminate flooring in guest and master bedroom
- install new baseboard trim
- install window & door casing
- lower kitchen cabinets to standard height
- interior painting
This transformation completed in August 2018 breathed new life into the neighborhood.
The homeowner knew exactly what they wanted for their craftsman ranch remodel. They were amazed at the transformation and very please with the work we did for them.
Structural Beam Installation: Construction Process
He is remodeling my home and I am so impressed with his work.
I highly recommend him for your projects. He is amazing!
Went through every step with us. Gave us the whole story and were able make the house as we wanted. Nothing we did not need.
I highly recommend Robert and his company.